Thursday 20 May 2010

Walk Alone

One of my poems about having to move on, big changes in life and about trying to get through the fear of abandonment that is a huge part of Borderline Personality Disorder for me. It's about trying to be strong & walk alone without the people that I feel I need there with me.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ0NoO9k43U

I walked away from the help that was there
Walked away from your open arms
Said goodbye to the security
Told you I’d be okay
What I really thought
What I should’ve told you

Maybe the pieces are gone
Help won’t be able to help me
So you won’t be able to either

I keep trying to tell myself that
It won’t hurt to go on without you
That the pain will
One day, it will
All go away

I can’t hold on to the fear of being lost without you
There will be times when
I’ll have to walk alone

I wish for better
I drown in all the regret
And the future holds fear
Never wanting to let go and move on without you

Told you I’d be okay
Everything happens for a reason
So if I fall and lose it all
It was meant to be
And I’ll still try to tell myself
It won’t hurt to go on without you

Hoping for the light to appear
Waiting for the time when
It will all be okay
So keep your head high
I will be fine

Walk on without me
Move on but keep the memories
I can’t hold on to the fear of being lost without you
It won’t hurt to walk alone

Because I’ll be back for you
So we won’t ever have to move on