Monday 9 August 2010

I Wish I Could Give You My Pain...

Another poem I've written...I will do a Youtube video for this soon, like I have for the others.

I wish I could give you my pain,
So you can feel the things I do.
Just for one day.

I wish I could give you my eyes,
So you can see all the fears I do,
Just for one day.

I want you to walk in my place for one day,
To hear what I hear,
To see the world the way I do,
To be me just for one day.

Maybe then you would never leave me,
Maybe then you would really understand,
That it isn’t easy,
Being me.

I would walk right next to you,
So I could see what I am like,
I would walk away from you,
So you would know how that feels to me.

I would shout at you,
So you would know what that feels like too.
Then I would leave you,
Alone in crisis,
So you could feel my pain,
So you could taste my tears,
And then.

You would feel the scream inside,
Just like I do.

If you were to spend just one day as me,
All your colours would be taken away,
You would only see two.
If you were to be me for just one single day,
You would know then why I fear the things I do,
Why I am the way I am,
And why I always say I can’t live without you.

Why it hurts to smile and why,
It feels like weakness to cry.
You would know why I always say…

Please don’t leave me.

And you would know that even though I sometimes…
I think I hate you but really…
I never do.

And you would know why the smallest things,
Make so much difference to me,
How the smallest things are often forgotten so easily,
The few words to tell me I will be okay,
The few words that say,
I am never alone.

The grip of your hand,
Feeling safe and secure,
Just one day as me,
Your heart would hurt,
All your inside would too.

Just one day as me,
You would want to run away from being just like me.
Maybe you would learn something,
Maybe then you would always think about what you say to me,
Maybe then you could try,
And take my pain from me.

At least,
If you spent one day as me,
You could go back to being you again,
It’s not that easy for me,
I’m here as me all of the time,
For a lot more than,
Just one day.
hit counter
free web hit counter